Thursday, July 21, 2011

Busy critter

Good Morning Everyone,

Well,  I finally caught this little guy.  This possum has been around here for a few months and I finally caught it.  It wasn't a happy camper either, when I took the photo, it was growling and hissing and have general ill will towards me.  I will take it this morning down the road from my house to an area that has a creek and pastures and he is big enough to live on its own.  Glenda,  yours is bigger than mine, LOL.  If you check out Glenda's blog at  Living and Gardening in the Ozarks, you will find she trapped a possum that I'll bet was getting in the corn. 
Well, that is it for this morning's frivolities,  I will water a little, and then I have got to get to this house and all the work that is in here, AFTER I take this little guy back out into the wild, first.
Have a great day,
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. OMG! That guy would scare me to death! Be very careful: don't get bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure can raise a ruckus when caught. We think our little cocker had one pinned the other night at 2 AM. I was at work but Scott was here and brought her inside so she would be quiet (dog NOT opossum) ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's so cool - I've never seen a possum before. He looks beautiful, if not vicious :)

    Visiting you from the 'Down to Earth' link up. Be well!

    Blessings,
    This Good Life
    http://this-good-life.blogspot.com/2011/07/on-my-mind-sprouting-consciousness.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on catching the rascal!

    I put cat food in the trap yesterday and caught nothing!

    I can't tell if more corn is disturbed or not.

    Now I need a way to trap the blasted box turtles that have found the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I wish more people would do as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm wondering what you used for bait.
    Thanks for sharing. www.happyhollowfarm.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our neighbors lab was attacked by the worlds biggest possum. He survived but the bites all over him ...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second what Lynda said! I'm scared just looking at your photo! =:-O

    ReplyDelete