Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year Everyone

Good Morning All,
I just wanted to wish everyone a most joyous New Year's Eve and New Year's Day where ever you are in the world.
It will be very quite here at the house.  We don't drink or party so its movies and caramel popcorn, and a something? supper from the freezer or pantry.

I have another post going but I didn't want to post it until I finish cleaning my cast iron.  I want to do a short tutorial on taking care of cast iron and seasoning it.
We had a little excitement here late yesterday morning and early afternoon but I did not want to post it on the New Year's post, I didn't want to ruin the New Year.  But I will tell all of you with the cast iron post. It was interesting.

Well, I get going, I have a few errands to do, and I really don't want to be out, because around here, drinking is huge and it gets dangerous being out, and the cops will be out in force, and will be around here because of what we had happen yesterday, so I will take my leave of all and I wish all a blessed 2012 and productive gardens and pantries full of produce and freezers full of wonderful eats.  I also pray for peace, and tolerance for 2012, Lord knows, we need it so badly.
We also need guidance and prayer for our country, and our government, it REALLY needs help!

Love and Hugs to All

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! I'm so looking forward to your cast iron post...I have some very old pieces that really need help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too Denim. Keep safe - sounds dreadful in the town where you live. Needs Buffalo Bill himself to come and sort things out I reckon.

    We live in the middle of nowhere and the only rowdiness is likely to come from escaped cows (unlikely) or foxes calling for mates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Bovey Bell
    The wild life we have around here(the two-legged variety) call out for mates, really loud!! LOL
    I wish we had ole' Buffalo Bill, the only thing is he would be right in the middle of the party and being the life of the party, he was a rounder and put a mean party on too.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vicki ~ I do hope you have a cozy time at home tonight and that nothing serious happens in your neighborhood.

    It's not even 8 p.m. yet and I'm feeling ready for sleep. We did some serious moving of a wood pile today. Stacking it better and marking sizes on the end so that we can see what we have. We also wrote it all on a list. Plus I did some trimming and raking before that. :-)

    May 2012 be a good year for you and D and your folks.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. wishing you a peaceful- and safe - 2012 Vicki. here's hoping its a better year for so many

    love, light and blessings, Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a dear friend who said that the only thing that remains the same is that things change. Let's hope for the better! I would so love to see you be able to move to a better location. Just on a whim I googled "finding peace in chaos" and there are a lot of interesting websites that popped up.

    All the best to you and yours, Hugs, Ilene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything was quiet on your "block", we had neighbors doing fireworks which upsets the dogs!
    played a few board games with the grandsons then called it a night.
    I hope 2012 is a great year for all, quiet and prosperous.

    ReplyDelete