Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm still here

Well, I am  still here.  I had  my little "procedure" on Thursday morning, the 20th.  We got to the surgery center at 7 am, and I was not really awake, but I was crabby as I could not have tea or coffee or anything.  Got all prepped, and was wheeled in at 8:20 am and then at 9:30 am, I walked out the door, sore, alittle groggy, and glad it was over with. 
I am happy to report I did not get sick. I did however have a small migraine from not having any caffeine.  So when I stepped into the house,  I fixed a small cup of coffee, a little stronger than I usually drink and sipped on it and then I crawled into bed and slept most of the day and had a tiny bowl of homemade vegetable beef soup one of my house neighbors made for us for supper, which I felt was so special. Then off to bed again, and slept all night.

Had a small migraine in the morning but drank a cup of coffee and then a pain pill and then slowly the headache eased up. Still no upset tummy, which I was so happy about.  I was dreading the after affects of the anesthesia more than the biopsy itself.  I go back the first of October for results, which I hate waiting to know anything.

Friday, I got a call from the County assessors office.  The lady that called has worked with me several times before on my tax corrections on my modular.  She told me that the park is in the process of being sold.  She is starting to get abstract papers from the abstract company and she would call me next week to tell me what is going on, and what I need to do.  I may have to get my attorney after all.  Seems like the owner, who is also my banker, and holds my title,  was trying to toss my trailer into the sale, which he can't as I have had it tax corrected in 2006, and I pay my own property taxes on the trailer. I also have a  written contract on the trailer itself, so it will be a fight either way.  My attorney mentioned he can either buy the trailer back or cancel the contract.  The rest of the trailers are attached to the lots and and all connected to the park except for another trailer and myself.   So I am not sure how that is going to go.  I am gearing up for a fight, but I am waiting to hear from the assessors office first to see what is going on, and who the new owner(s) are.  Another waiting game on this too.

The garden is done for.  We are getting down in the 30's now.  It is supposed to get to 32* F tonight and so I covered the two patio tomatoes and the hot peppers but they are just about done producing. A few more days and I will pull those too.  Personally, I will be glad when this year gets over with. 
I have a lot of produce in the freezer to process later when it get colder.  Green tomatoes, red ones, and peppers. I am going to try Ilene's chow-chow recipe she sent me.  Thank you Ilene.

I have been waiting to see if my other house neighbor, who has the huge garden, will ask if I want any more tomatoes. He has been waiting for his ex-wife and some other people from his church to come and pick produce. He thinks that they have been over, but since we are home most of the time, we have not seen anyone over picking.  I hate waste of anything, and I could use the extra tomatoes for my pantry.  I had asked him (the neighbor) if I could pick some, but he keeps telling me that the ex will be by to pick.  She is just starting to learn to can and she is not a serious student of the home arts, and generally by the time the house neighbor asks me if I want them, they are too far rotten to process.  I know a few years ago, he asked me and I went over to look, but everything was rotten, or the hoppers had eaten holes in everything and then some kind of worm got in them and I was not going to process worms.  He was a little upset with me, but there is  nothing I can do about it.  I told him that you cannot wait too long to can.  He is a nice neighbor, but ignorant about canning and processing food.

Well, that is about it for now.  I am still tired at the end of the day, I think still from the anesthesia.  We got done with supper and I think that I am going to take my shoes off and sit my hind end in the chair and read.  I have a new Mother Earth News, so I will read and then retire a little later.
I will also take photos of the kittens , Dexter and Sophia.  They are growing and becoming very independent.  Sophie has gotten some attitude now, she is a fighter and it shows.  But she is a doll and I love her. ( I just added their photos, D had to hold them, they wanted to explore and wiggle).

Well, I wish everyone a wonderful rest of the weekend, and a productive week.


  1. Hopefully you will have a good recovery from your surgical procedure and all will be well. I'm sure you DON'T NEED the aggravations with the transfer of ownership to the trailer park--but there it is, there is never a comvenniet time for such things to happen.
    For now, cuddle the kitties and make healing your first priority.

  2. Poor you, it seems as if your troubles are never ending. I do hope everything sorts itself out OK. Maybe the new owner will be better.

    You're absolutely right about canning. I only ever use the very best of everything for my preserves. The rest goes for current use (or onto the compost).

    Best wishes, Cro x

  3. Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

  4. Waiting for results of a procedure is such a drag. The up side is that if some bad is found they call right away. So no news is usually good news.

    Sorry to hear about the fight over trailer ownership. Legal can be so confusing and draining to fight. They seem to drag on forever. It's always such a waste of good money to prove that you are right.

    I know what you mean about morning caffiene fix. It's the first thing that happens in my morning. That's folgers in my cup. I'm not sure how long I could last without it.

    Have the best day that you can.

  5. Dear Vicki ~ Thank you for posting your latest news. I'm glad to hear that your didn't get sick from being knocked out. Healing takes time, even for small procedures, so rest as much as possible. It was nice for the neighbor to make and bring you homemade vegetable soup.

    I hope your tests will come back super fine with no problems at all.

    I also hope the park business gets settled satisfactorily for you.

    Dexter and Sophie are adorable.

    Love and hugs to you dear one,


  6. I just wanted to let all of you know that I am so very thankful for all of your blessings, karma, and good thoughts for my healing. I love all of you, and love the blog readership, friendship and learning new things. It means so very much to me.
    We'll get through this mess, its sad that there are people in the world who are evil, and really do not deserve walking in this earth making trouble. But I am a believer in what comes around, goes around!

  7. Oh, you are so right about that comes around thing.
    And I don't understand about your modular being in the mix, what the heck?

    Our garden pretty much burnt up last year due to the drought and this year the gigantor crickets ate most everything in sight.
    They took out the garden, herb beds and most of the fruit trees.
    We'll replant the trees this fall and hope for the best next year.

    I hope all goes well with the results. You deserve good things coming your way!

  8. oh Vicki. i am so sorry you have this park aggravation so soon after surgery. just what you DONT need. Try not to worry until you have to, just concentrate on your recovery.

    blessings, Leanne x

  9. Well Vicki, I'm glad to read that your surgery is over and done with and have all my fingers crossed that your results will be good ones. Now you just need to rest up and heal. Those kitties need you : )

    Dexter and Sophie have really grown up - Sophie has a very determined expression on her face! You should be in for some fun with that one : )

    I hope that you won't have too much of a fight over your home on the trailer park and that there is just a peaceful takeover with the new (and hopefully BETTER) owners.

    Glad to hear you have good friends who have been looking out for you.

  10. I do hope the trailer park issue gets resolved quickly and doesn't cost you a lot of lawyer time and money.

    The kittens are adorable. Most of ours are almost out of the kitten stage now.

    Waiting is the hardest thing; I am holding the best wishes for the results of the biopsy to be negative.

    Have a restful rest of the week.

  11. Hey Kiddo, I'm wondering what the doctor said. Send me an e-mail? I think that neighbor of yours with the tomatoes is going to drag things on till they're too far gone again. You might have to put the blinders on and not look in his direction. I'm like you, I hate to see food go to waste. Or anything, for that matter.

    I'm like you, I usually get sick from the anesthesia. I think they must be using better stuff now because I didn't get sick after my foot surgery last winter. My doc sent me home with some of those little plunger things that you squeeze out onto your wrists and rub in but I didn't need to use them.

    Well I think the trailer park being sold might be a good thing. I do hope you can save your trailer. I'd sure love to see you be able to move it out on a little acreage where you could have more peace, and where you could do more gardening.

    You hang in there, take it one day at a time. Hugs XOXOXOXO