Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Winter Storm Warning

Good Evening Everyone,

Well, its official, a winter storm.  This was updated about 1:30 pm this afternoon, and at tonight's local news, its a-coming.  I don't think that it will be LOTS of snow, but with 35-40 mph winds, it will drift and blow around, thus winter storm warning.  To the south of us, a blizzard warning, which is where this storm is tracking.  So we will get some moisture, but still not enough to squelch the drought, but some is better than none.

No too much else going on.  Since tomorrow will be a stormy day, it calls for stormy inside activities, like baking and racking my brandy.  I also need to rack my wine into bottles, so guess what, that's on the agenda tomorrow, along with laundry, and a few other household chores in between.

So, D and I ran errands today to get just a very few things and then came home, and took my mother to the hairdresser to get her hair done.  It helps to uplift her spirits and get her out for a little while.  I am glad that I did not make the appointment for tomorrow, as she is not steady with snow and ice on the sidewalks, and matter of fact, neither am I.  I don't need a mother with broken hip, been there, done that, and I don't need to be broken either, don't have time.

If I can get my camera to work, I will take photos of the white stuff. 
Well, I am beat, and am going to catch a movie and be horizontal soon, like the lovely FlowerLady says.
Hugs to All

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like the storm that hit here, though you might get a bit of snow. I bet that idiot in Canada left the gate open again and there will be nothing to break the wind.
    Don't know if you can afford it but True Values Hardware has the med. size Mr. Buddy Heater on sale for $69.99 till the 24th of Dec. It would make a great little back up heat system and it portable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate snow. Hope it doesn't fall too much. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get enough snow to give you some much needed moisture, but not enough to make it dangerous for you to get around.

    It sounds like your day of indoor activities is going to be very productive. Right now I just kind of wander around. I did do a load of laundry the other day and worked some outside, but I've lost a bit of my umph to say the least.

    I had a nice 'horizontal' time last night, about 8 hrs of sleep, that was really good and more like normal.

    Love and hugs to you dear Vicki.

    FlowerLady Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep safe Vicki. We have the wet stuff here (what's new?!) I dealt with my fortified alcohol today and bottled the Sloe Gin which will be a half bottle each for my 3 "children" for next Christmas. My eldest daughter has been making spiced brandy for all her friends, so is a chip off the old block!

    Flower Lady - hugs to you too, and I hope you get a good night's sleep again tonight to help heal you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winds have already hit here....around 2:45 am. It has dropped from 55 to 45 degrees. I don't think we will get much snow and it isn't supposed to last long.

    Enjoy your inside day of cooking, racking and baking.

    You are such a good daughter. Your Mom is lucky to have you.

    Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete