Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Back into the Light, slowly.

Hello dear friends,

My apologies for not posting since November of 2015.  A lot has gone on, since I lost my parents, and have had  to deal with estate issues, and trying to come up with money to pay for legal fees from the guardianship and other legal issues that came up with the nursing home and the false accusations. All it did was run up a legal tab that I will be unable to ever pay off in my lifetime.

Right after my parents funeral services, on November 1  of 2015, I opened up my industrial seamstress shop downtown, thinking I could sew and make some extra money to pay for all of these legal fees.  I was sewing at home, but we have an ill tempered neighbor who will call the cops every time a strange car comes into the street and that makes for uneasy feelings with the neighbors.
I was sewing on heavy items, like Carhart overalls, Wall overalls, bikers road leathers, replacing big zippers, and general repair.  I do not do alterations, I am not a general seamstress, but I can work on this big stuff as I bought a Rex industrial sewing machine, a behemoth , and took the old motor off and put a newer Servo motor that I am able to slow the machine down to one or two stitches and you can handle the machine better.  I was busy all through the winter, had stuff come in over my eyeballs. It was going good up until March of this year, then the town started a down hill spiral due to the layoff of a lot of Union Pacific railroaders, this due to the shutting down of the coal mines and the Obama's war on coal.Our town now is dying and people are leaving and the town is drying up, including my business.

I had 6 new railroaders who were transferred in from other areas, a few months before all this happened, did a lot of work on their work clothes, some of the work totalled over $100 a piece, I needed that money so badly to pay my estate bill, but instead, stiffed me using debit cards then cancelling the transactions.  My attorney went in immediately to retrieve the funds, using a new attorney in the firm, working pro bono, as I just could not afford any more fees. I was told that most of the money has been retrieved, except for one, but I think the firm put a lien on his paycheck and I should get that soon.
So, I got mad about that, and shut the shop down, and went back home to work.  But everything is totally slowed down to almost nothing, no one is spending money or anything.    

Because of the town drying up, and a few other issues about being in this community, which I cannot take anymore, because my parents are not here anymore, I have no family here, and the town is literally going to pot.  We have nothing here anymore but meth, and sexual predators coming into town by the hundreds.  Also, D and I cannot afford the property taxes anymore. He cannot work anymore and the house taxes are beyond our incomes, so we are planning on moving hopefully sometime in late summer or early Fall.  We are looking at the NW area, Washington or Idaho.
We are hoping to be able to sell the house, with all of the layoffs, and get out of here. We'll move everything, animals, everything. I am clearing out my parents stuff from the house, we had a huge garage sale last Friday and Saturday, got rid of a ton of stuff. I still have to go through small items, and most of that will go to GoodWill or the dump. I cannot hang onto things anymore and if we move, I can't take much.  So that is what I'm doing now, going through and clearing out everything.

I have lost a lot of my beautiful cats also.  Old age, cancer, other ailments, so that has been sad. I miss them all. But life goes on and the ones I have left,  they will be moving with us to a new home I hope soon. Dogs too.  They are old and ill, but will come with us unless they go down hill.

Well, thats it for now, in a nut shell.  Almost too much to talk about.  It seems like life has just jumped by, it almost runs day by day, and its a blur to me. 
The only thing that keeps me focused is the fact that we're  planning on moving, and it keeps me going to plan something new.  I am excited, scared, not even sure if we can move at our age.  I'm also nervous as my eyesight is very limited now, because of the retina tear, I have distortion in the left eye and my driving is limited. For me to drive a moving van with a car in tow, and animals in crates really bothers me.  But we will cross that bridge when we get there.

 
Well, I will leave you all. Wishing all a wonderful week.  I will try to post more often.  Oh, that was the other reason, I was having problems with Blogger and getting logged back into it.  That took me a while to figure out.

Hugs to All of you.
Denim



10 comments:

  1. I thought you'd given up for good; nice to see you back, even if your tales are quite disturbing. Let's just hope that everything turns out OK when you move. Cro x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, dear Denim ~ You crossed my mind yesterday and here's your post today.

    I am so sorry for all of the troubles you've had since losing your folks.

    I pray that you'll be able to sell your home and get the heck out of Dodge, and find a lovely, quiet place to live elsewhere.

    I am forever thankful for all of the beads, etc. you sent me back in 2010. I love embroidering with beads.

    Love, hugs and prayers for you two and your critters ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice surprise to see your post this morning. It sure seems everything has been uphill for you both, for a long time. I do hope that everything starts turning around and going well. I'm looking forward to hearing about your moving adventures and a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you back! You have had more than your share of troubles. I hope you have turned a corner and the move will be good for you both.

    I am going to share just a couple of tips I have learned from other family members fairly recently.

    1. Have an auction to sell the properties. They will also arrange for display and sell everything in the house. My MIL did this and everything was finished in a couple of hours. They charged 5 or 6%.

    The large debt can be paid off in tiny monthly payments. My dear Sis (who is now deceased) did that with an enormous medical bill and paid it off before she died. We were so proud of her. Usually terms can be worked out if you make regular payments.

    Good luck. You are not too old to make a life change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are. Hang in there, lady. You just have to take it one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definately have some challenges - you will get through it. Sorry about the sick kitties that passed. It happens. It sounds like a good move - you are doing the right thing. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denim, it's seems that you just don't get a break in life. I went through a stretch like that for about 15 years. Creditors were nipping at my heels and threats were flying. I almost lost the house and care because of medical bills. But I just kept plodding along and finally things worked out. As a result I'll only be 91 when my house is paid for. I've never really had to use lawyers and hopefully never will. They seem to always want their money first. A big change like you are heading into can be a scary thing but I suspect you have the stamina and determination to get through it. I hope you will continue blogging and telling us of your new home. The best of luck on your situation and move.

    Have the best day that you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have hopped to you from Flower Lady Lorraine, as I remember you from some time ago.I think everything has come all at a rush, and as we get older ( i'm almost 76) one thing is Ok, then it all topples me over. Hang in there, a move might be the best thing, and I'm sure with our love, and so many caring wishes and prayers, the moving van and driving will all sort itself out. Losing parents, and beloved cats,I know that down here too, but not estate taxes, or lawyers fees.And yes, we cannot take it all when we move, but a special photo, ornament or vase might be the one memory of happier times. please tell us when you move , where to, and I will think of a new beginning for you all.Fondest greetings from Jean, way down south in New Zealand, or at All Points of The Compass ( my blog).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
    บอลพรุ่งนี้

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really a beautiful blog.It is very astonishing and marvelous design.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete