Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Absent

I apologise for my absence.  I have had several family, medical  and legal issues that I have had to attend to.  I am working on some posts and photos of plants waking up and  coming alive.  But my family issues come first and foremost.  There is only me.  I have started working, then get home, and be totally exhausted and brain dead, until I couldn't think.  It has started to slow down, issues being resolved and getting back on track.

Sunday, we got about a half inch of cold rain.  It was very chilly. about 48* F.  Monday, it warmed right into the mid 70's and yesterday, we broke a record of 78*F. Wow.  Toward the weekend, close to 80*. Double WOW.

I am working on some posts, and photos of plants.  I have started some heirloom tomatoes. Some Amish Paste, and Stupice.  I also have some Mortgage Lifters.  I am hoping with the heated seed mats, I can have better luck.  I also have some Jalapenos started, they are up and I hope that I can keep them up.

Other than that.it is very boring, and very uneventful here, which I guess is ok.  I just do not have a lot going on at the moment with all of the other things that were going on.  It seems the days just blended together.  As it gets warmer, I am hoping to do more with the garden.

D and I are planning on laying out fencing on my south side, so I can extend the garden.  I found someone to help me to stretch the fence and lay posts in.  D is currently down with spine problems which put him down in bed for about a week, so I am going to tackle little bits at a time.  I just need help stretching the fence and getting everything wired up. 

Well, I need to run some errands, and work on posts later today or tonight.  I will get back later to all of you.

Hugs

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your family problems Denim, and hope all is sorted now. Lovely to be planting things again (even I've been able to get out and sow a few seeds). I hope you get your fence put up - that should hopefully stop people wandering onto your plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say you are working? What are you doing? Did I miss a post about that?

    The fence sounds like a really good thing. Hope it all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope work themselves into a nice, smooth routine quickly. Glad to hear you can extend your garden. I know you will enjoy that.

    A new job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Everyone.
    No, not working a job, but it sure feels like it. I think I worded things wrong. I have been handling legal papers for power of attorneys for both my parents and D and it DOES feel like I'm working. I have not handled paperwork like this since I worked at my old banking and insurance jobs 30+ years ago. It has been very mind boggling and stressful. But it is necessary as my parents are just not on the ball with money any more and D is having very bad medical issues in which his new attorney feels I need to have power of attorney for certain things. So I have been quite stressed. In fact, I have to sit back and think things over.
    Thank you for all of the concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately your page refuses to show up on the list of blogs I follow. I wonder why; I have no trouble with others!

    ReplyDelete