Sunday, January 18, 2015

I am still here,

Dear Everyone,

I do not have words to say how very sorry I am for not posting for a (horridly) long time.  The past 7 months have been dreadful, horrible, stressful, and unkind.
But I have pushed through, barely.  D has been in bad shape and all I have done, and looking back, I do not know how I did it...Starting with new doctors in a community 100 miles away, physical therapy here, then to a rehab center in the Capital of our state, Lincoln.  It is one of the finest centers for recovery of many different accidents and injuries.  Mental, physical, and total body help.  D went there in December for an evaluation, I had to stay home, many things going on here from trying to clean out my parents home, to putting it on the real estate market to sell, to me having a mini stroke in July, to trying to get well to finish cleaning out parents home.  I have been eight months cleaning, sorting, and storing.  I am almost complete, by the end of this month, it will be done.
I am still dealing with the stoke issues.  I lost partial vision in my left eye,  but still, I had to finish doing everything I could do.  I could not find any help what so ever here.  I was shocked at how lazy people are here.  So, I completed the job myself. And as D was able to get around better in the wheelchair, he cleaned the garage out wheeling around the garage and sorting tools, and throwing out.  We threw out over three quarters of nothing but junk.  Now its almost done.
I just wanted to pop in, as I feel pretty good to get back on the computer and post.  I have guardianship court in a few weeks for both parents and that was very stressful, completing all transactions and coming up with a total complete balance of the estate.  It took me over two weeks to complete and finish.  Now the attorney has it and she will go over everything and get it in proper order.
I will try to pop in on Sundays.  They are a total rest day now for me.  I usually shut down the computer on the weekends, but I will try to catch up with all of you.
I sent loving thoughts to all of you, I will get better.  I have missed all of you.
Many hugs
 

9 comments:

  1. I had been wondering about you just before the notice of your new post popped up. I do think unrelenting stress must be part of the reason for your own collapse--having both parents and husband ailing and needing you is a big demand. Hopefully some of these things will sort through--be as kind to yourself as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I had been wondering about you as well. I lost my dad in September, and it has been stressful for me, but nothing like as stressful as your life has been. I truly don't know how you've coped. Hope your stress level eases up soon for you. Will send good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I remember the stress of having to look after my parents before their demise; they needed to find a new word for STRESS. People just don't understand. I do hope you get some peace of mind soon, you seem to have had your fair share of problems. Cro xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your post I said YAY! It is so good to see you posting again.

    I am so sorry you've still been under a heavy amount of stress! I don't know how you've dealt with it all and to me it's no wonder you had a mini stroke.

    Being caretaker/guardian of three people is rough, I know how it was taking care of my husband when he was ill.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers dear Vicki, Dan also and your folks too. May you be given strength to do all that you need to do, and may you be blessed with peace too.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki, so sorry to hear that so much health trouble has come your way. In terribly tough times we seem to be able to gather strength and resolve that we didn't know we had. I believe that it just might be Devine help that empowers us to get through the really bad times in life. I am really disappointed that you couldn't find any help to clean out your parents house. I wish I lived closer because I sure would have helped. It seems that the last couple years have been terribly stressful for you. I will be praying for your health to stay strong and you to have less stress in your life.

    Have the best day that you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like MM, I have been thinking of you these past few days and wondering how you were. I cannot believe how you have managed to get through this year with so much stress over your parents, and D's health, and then your own. I am surprised that you got away with just a small stroke, but so glad that it was no worse.

    I hope and pray that you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon and be able to sit back and relax on more than just Sundays.

    Huge hugs from me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to write a little to give your blogging friends an update. It's amazing how by just putting our thoughts down into a blog we come to care for each other so deeply! You are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, I saw you post on Ilene's blog and came running. You have had so much to bear. I will never complain again (oh, I will but I will be ashamed later). Bless you and D. I hope things settle down for you soon.

    That is what you need: some quiet stress-free time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I forgot to add that my sis has had some very severe eye problems lately, macular degeneration on top of some other things, the first shot has seemed to help her so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

    I do hope your surgery has restored your sight a great deal. Also send best wishes to D for his recovery.

    ReplyDelete