Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Just downright Flip'in cold

Good Morning everyone,

Well, I want to make an apology to you all.  The weather made me a liar.  Our cold air didn't get to us until Monday afternoon and when I got up at about 6:15 am, I heard on the radio that the air temp was -19 below 0, with a windchill of -36 below 0.  I kicked up the heat in the house, opened up the vents more in each room, and dripped the water in the cold water pipes to help keep them open before I went to bed last night.  It isn't too bad in here now, I just cringe with the heat turned up. :*(  

When it gets this cold, you just have to burrow in and take it as it come.  We had about 7.5 inches of snow, but with the cold air, it is just miserable.  My snow removal guy will be around sometime today, to blade off my driveway, and sidewalks, he has a nifty ATV with a hydraulic blade mounted on the front of it, and he just gets it done in no time.  I cannot remove snow anymore, my back is too solidly fused and I have a hip that is now giving me problems  from arthritis, so my snow removal days are done.  I have an emergency jar of change and bills that I keep for gas,  Handi bus fare  and snow removal through out the year, a lot of it was from my  Farmer's Market booth I had, so I just kept filling it, and have money for my snow guy.  Now I just heard on the radio that we will get another shot of bitter cold on Friday with more snow........

Well that is it for now.  Really not too much to talk about.  Not when its this cold, you don't go out, and if you do, it is just for a quick in and out and that's about it.
I wish everyone a great week, and if is cold in your area, please stay warm.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. You are much colder and got more snow!

    I won't go out either. DH is out checking the cows. I hope nobody decides to calve in this 9°. No winds yet but that is to come later today.

    Stay warm!

    I sent you an email about the seeds.

    ReplyDelete