Saturday, December 17, 2011

William F Cody (Buffalo Bill) home decorated for the Holidays

Good Evening Everyone,

I just got back a little while ago, to go out and take pictures of William F Cody's home, which is only about a mile away from my home.  Every year, the Nebraska Game and Parks decorates his home for the holidays and for a few days, you can go out and tour the home, and they put on chestnut roasts, and serve holiday hot cocoa and coffee, tea.

Yep, I live in the community where Buffalo Bill lived.  This home was a beacon for the elite of the world during his time.  There were extravagant parties held here, and a lot of general elite mingling and A list participants.

I thought you all would enjoy it.  I hope the photos turn out, its very hard to take photos at night. But you can't see the lights during the day. This photo was the best I could get. Sorry.
I will see if I can go out to get a daytime photo of his home and the huge barn.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I think the photo is fantastic! How fun is that...having Bill Cody's home in your town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get to Bill Cody's home and get this photo. I love the color scheme and the way they have each story trimmed out in lights.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo. He had a rather 'substantial' house didn't he?

    We enjoyed seeing some decorated houses in St. Louis over our visit. I am amazed at the lengths people go to.....two and three stories high. Then they have to come down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what Mr Cody would have thought about all those lights...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas, and thanks so much for being a reader on my blog. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo Denim. I wonder what the esteemed Mr Cody would make of his neighbourhood now? I guess he and his mates would soon sort out those hoodlums for you!

    Have a lovely Christmas and look forward to continuing our blogging friendship through 2012.

    ReplyDelete