Saturday, October 16, 2010

In Loving Memory

I have some very, very sad news to bring to this blog.  Friday afternoon, I had to very peacefully put my beloved ICU kitten, Ya-Ya to sleep.

She had developed problems Thursday, and by Friday, I knew we were in distress.  I took her in to her vet and she x-rayed her and her colon had torn  in several places, and the vet told me she was quite sure it was a combination of a heavy worm infestation, and a congenital defect from Ya-Ya being a preemie baby and not having mom kitty's milk.  We just couldn't fix a problem that was there and I felt so helpless and heart broken.

So, I lovingly told her goodbye, and let her go over the Rainbow bridge and in no more pain and a new body for her to enjoy. It was one of the most difficult endings  that I have had to deal with in quite a few years of taking care of ill pets.

These are things that I have dealt with for years, but for a tiny kitten, who really didn't have a chance, I gave her 6 weeks of care, love, and hope for a better life. I just wish I could of done better for her.

I am so very heart broken, and tears drip on my keyboard, and on my shirt as I write this.  She was so very special, and a gentle soul.  I am going through the emotions that all humans go through, the anger at myself, the anger at the previous owner and anger  at my God, and  anger at life itself.  Only time will heal me, and I know that deep in my heart I did absolutely the most I could with my hands that God gave me with  the ability to heal.  I feel so very blessed to of had her in my life, and that she had a few weeks of hope and peace.  But all my attempts to heal were not enough for her. I am missing her so very much.

So, hopefully I will get back to my blogging, and some of the recipes that I have promised all of you.  I want to also tell all of you who read my blog a big Thank you, and for all of your contact and just being here in cyber-blog land.  I feel that if I didn't have all of you, I would probably be in the loony bin.  I so enjoy all of your blogs, and I enjoy reading what everyone is doing in their lives.  I enjoy the simple lifestyle that we follow, and the slow down that we strive to enjoy.  This is the reason that I have no friends here, I follow a different path, and to these people, I  am  total freak, a moron, who probably should be in the loony bin.  I don't party, I don't shop, I don't drink and run around being a bar fly, so I am the freak.  Oh Well........

Anyway,  I will get my recipes posted, and I will get back on to a normal blog posting if life doesn't get in the way.  I have some ideas and  will try to get it organized better and maybe if I can master it, a better layout on the blog.

Anyway, I didn't want to present sad news about Ya-Ya, but I had many get wells for her and concerns and hope sent to her and me, and I felt that it should be shared, even though it is sad and heartbreaking.

So, I will embark on new things and a better tomorrow for all.  Have a peaceful and wonderful weekend.

Loving Regards,

6 comments:

  1. Dear Denim ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your little ICU kitty not making it. What you gave her was 6 weeks of love, and to that little kitty it was priceless. She will be waiting for you on the rainbow bridge. Right now she's romping with other animals awaiting their human friends.

    Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear, I am SO sorry to hear about poor little Ya-Ya, and I know how hard you worked to try and save her, but the odds were stacked against her. I have tears in my eyes at the thought of her demise, and how upset you must be. They leave such a huge gap in our lives.

    Ignore all those idiotic people around you, who think that YOU are the one who is odd, just because you march to the beat of a different drum. There are plenty of us who chose to live life on a deeper, more fulfilling level than them. ignore them. (((BIG HUGS))) as I am sure you need them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry. My heart aches for you. Your pain is so clear in your post.

    There are no words that will help heal you but just know there are many who care for you.

    I am sending big hugs and lots of love. Blog only when you can...we will be here when you return.

    Love,
    A Sister Freak - Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear that your little ICU kitty has crossed the rainbow bridge....these kinds of things happen when we do rescue but it never gets any easier. I've never learned to accept it without regrets and sadness myself. Know that you did as well as you could and as you said, gave her love, comfort and a fully belly for her short time on earth.....

    Focus on the good things about your experience with Yaya and eventually your sorrow will grow easier to bear....bless you for what you do - and be thankful that you are one of the few that actually feel for these little abandoned, mistreated and lost creatures.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very sorry to hear this news.
    You did the very best for her that could be done.

    You are a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm one of those who is tearing up as I read this and inevitably recall the rescues I've attempted over the years that went badly. Some of us are just compelled to try and save these waifs. I have vowed many times that I don't have the funds for endless veterinary care, told myself I don't want the heavy emotions of losing another pet---but the chance to "adopt" presents itself and there I go again.
    As far as being labeled "different"--we are teetotalers, we have lived frugally both of dire necessity many times and also as a chosen lifestyle.
    We all need affirmation in our lives, we hope for the kind of friends that can share time with us and be warm and uncritical. Lacking enough of those in "real life" we can be glad for the connections that blogging gives us. The friends and like-minded people are there--even if they are half a world away.

    ReplyDelete