Monday, February 7, 2011

I have a case of the "bugs"

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be down for a few days.  I picked up a virus on my desktop computer and I am plenty mad about it.
I will warn everyone not to go to ANY coupon sites like for grocery or anything for that reason.  That is where I got this garbage.  And it shut everything down.  My IT tech told me that the hot thing now is for hackers to get on to these innocent sites and put every imaginable thing they can lay their hands on.  This stuff is serious as you can just go to the site and this crap will latch on to you and place spyware and malware and all sorts of crap on your system. Just don't go to these sites, as this is the new frontier where they are playing now.  And to top it off, the viruses are hidden in a folder sometimes called "research" folders, or files, and will bury deep within your computer.
I am using my ex's laptop so to warn some of you about this.  I even have pretty strong anti-virus and it didn't stop this as this is the new thing in destruction to everyone.
So, please be careful  everyone and I will return as soon as I can.

Take care all.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I will miss you. Hope you are up and running again soon.

    (thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denim ~ We just figured this out the other day, as something tried to get into my computer via needlework/and or/gardening websites. DH said women are possibly being targeted now. This really gripes me to the inth degree. These people are evil. I am afraid to go anywhere on the web these days.

    I hope things are fixed for you SOON. I've been wondering where you were and hoping that you weren't snowed in.

    Hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having not so long ago gotten a Google redirect virus and practically having to get an Act of Congress to get it out, I can sympathise. Hope you can shift the bad stuff without losing any good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the warning; I don't need any extra computer problems....

    Hope you can stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you had those problems. I started to get into a site that has restaurant coupons the other day, but when they were asking for information I didn't want to give, I changed my mind. I have a MacIntosh computer, and my husband says we don't have to worry about viruses and such, but I wonder how long that will last with the new ones they keep coming up with. I don't understand why people would want to treat others ways they obviously wouldn't want to be treated.

    ReplyDelete