Saturday, September 21, 2013

update info on flooding

Good Morning Everyone,
Sept 20th.
I checked the flood marker at the bridge where it goes into the main part of the community off of the I-80 corridor and its at 5.69 ft as of 7 am this morning.  It will start arriving later this morning and be a full river by lunch time.  The care center where my dad is, is on stand-by to evacuate the residence to the church in the event the water starts crawling up the bank of the river.  I was going into town early this morning as I just looked that I was out of canning jar lids and so its a mad dash to get some and check my mom and then a mad dash home again.  I was going to try to get some photos, but I think that everything will be blocked off and too much traffic will be going on, so I will wait to see if I can get something later, if we are not all doing the back stroke or as Max in Colorado told me, paddling on a surfboard.
I just want to thank all of you for prayers, support and just being here, its wonderful knowing that people from all over the world share in what goes on in your little part of the world.

Update 9-21

We are all ok and the river is somewhat within its banks.   I just checked NOAA's web site and at noon (its 12:45 pm now, it was 13.83 ft.  They are possibly looking at a record of 14 ft at its crest.  Everything is holding though, and my dad is still at the care center on stand-by to evacuate.  I will blog later in the weekend and let you know what went on, but we are all ok, and the bridges are holding, and sewer drains are holding.
Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers.  I send thoughts, prayers to the folks to the west of me in Colorado. 
I will try to get some photos if I can get somewhat close to the bridge.  There are a lot of people out my way, oogling over what is going on.  The traffic is horrid, so I think I may wait until next week to catch some photos.  We will continue to have high water for the week.
I will try to have a better post hopefully Sunday. Until then, love and hugs to all.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you are 'hanging in there!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also glad to read that you are dry and so is your dad. Hope it stays that way. I've been reading the reports you send and checking your weather with accu-weather too.

    Hugs ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are good so far. Amazing pictures showing the before and after of the river. I do hope they don't have to move your Dad and get him upset.

    They haven't shown the floods lately and I was wondering how things were going.

    ReplyDelete